Panublix Year in Review 2021
2021 marked the inaugural year of operations for Panublix. Incorporated in April 7, 2021, Panublix Innovations Inc. was established to connect designers & creatives with tropical yarns & textiles so they can design for a more sustainable future. We are building a thriving Philippine tropical textile industry through a transparent and impactful sourcing platform that digitally transforms weaving artisan enterprises in this innovation-driven economy.
Click on image to see full report or visit this link
Despite being in a pandemic and surviving another Supertyphoon, the Panublix team & partners have resiliently achieved the following milestones
Php 1M+ in revenue with at least 56% going to digital transformation of artisan enterprises
200 kg+ of Philippine tropical yarns sold, replacing fossil-fuel produced polyester
Estimated 284 jobs created and sustained with at least 80% of them being women
53% increase in artisan partners in the sourcing platform
60+ brands & customers, adopting tropical textiles
Within the same year, we have developed key partnerships that have advanced our mission.
- Signed tech startup incubation agreement with the Iloilo Science and Technology University – Kwadra Technology Business Incubator (ISATU-Kwadra TBI).
- Signed with the DOST Philippine Textile Research Institute to be the marketing partner for the Regional Yarn Production and Innovation Center (RYPIC) in ISATU Miag-ao, Iloilo.
- Conducted training on our digital sourcing platform with the weaving entrepreneurs supported by the Philippine Commission on Women’s Great Women Project 2.
- Became part of the Policy Committee of the Philippine Fashion Coalition to champion RA 9242 or the Philippine Tropical Fabrics Law and other related policies that can usher sustainable Philippine fashion, design & textile industries.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Although the real awards are the moments when we solve customer pain points, receiving these awards have given us a confidence boost to continue our mission.
- Top 3 QBO INQBATION Demo Day 2021 (supported by US Embassy)
- Batch 3 ISIP Social Impact Accelerator (supported by PhilDev, Australia Embassy and UNDP)
- QBO Top 100 Startups - PH Startup Week 2021
- Top 3 Tech Startup, Shell Livewire Philippines 2021,
- Top 3 She Loves Tech Philippines 2021
- First runner up, Australia Alumni Communities Philippines Pecha Kucha Challenge: Stories of Recovery and Regeneration
- Top 2 - Entrepreneur Organization’s Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA)
- Social Enterprise, Impact Hub Accelerate Asia (supported by Shopify and Bank of America)
But even with all these milestones, we know that the journey is just beginning. Looking forward, we will be laser-focused in helping our society transition to a more sustainable & regenerative lifestyle through the textile, fashion, & design industries.
Our team has committed to contribute to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals — specifically SDG 8 (Decent Work & Economic Growth), SDG 10 (Reduced Inequalities), and SDG 12 (Responsible Production and Consumption). That is why we also signed up for membership at the Catalyst 2030 Network to join the global movement of enterprises contributing to the SDGs by 2030. See this link for more details of our SDG goals.
Madamo gid nga salamat (thank you so much) to all our partners, customers, and supporters who have helped Panublix reach where we are today. Every act of support — whether through buying our yarns, sourcing from our artisans, or engaging in our socials — takes us one step closer to fulfilling our mission.
We hope you continue to join us in this journey!
Curious to know more about Panublix? Get in touch with us at email@example.com.